I am currently an Assistant Professor at SUTD where
I lead a research group and teach.
Prior to joining SUTD, I was a senior researcher at ETH Zürich
(Prof. Perrig’s group) where I led the design and
implementation of the SCION architecture.
My work focuses on building and analyzing secure networked systems. My research
interests include blockchains (cryptocurrencies, Internet-level consensus, smart
contracts, DeFi, FinTech, …), as well as network and systems security
(Internet, PKIs, SSL/TLS, verifiable logs, applied cryptography, …).
Selected and Recent Publications (full list available at my Scholar)
- Policy-based Chameleon Hash for Blockchain Rewriting with Black-box Accountability, Tian et al., ACSAC’20
- SMACS: Smart Contract Access Control Service, Liu et al., IEEE/IFIP DSN’20
- Fail-safe Watchtowers and Short-lived Assertions for Payment Channels, Liu et al., ACM AsiaCCS’20
- Towards Forward Secure Internet Traffic, Alashwali et al., SecureComm’19, Best Paper Award!
- PDFS: Practical Data Feed Service for Smart Contracts, Guarnizo and Szalachowski, ESORICS’19
- Network Transparency for Better Internet Security, Pappas et al., IEEE/ACM ToN, 2019
- StrongChain: Transparent and Collaborative Proof-of-Work Consensus, Szalachowski et al., USENIX Security’19
- Towards Sustainable Evolution for the TLS Public-Key Infrastructure, Lee et al., ACM AsiaCCS’18
- SCION: A Secure Internet Architecture, Perrig et al., Springer-Verlag, 2017, Book
- The SCION Internet Architecture, Barrera et al., CACM, 2017
- Short Paper: On Deployment of DNS-based Security Enhancements, Szalachowski and Perrig, FC’17
- Authentication Challenges in a Global Environment, Matsumoto et al., ACM TOPS, 2017
- Source Accountability with Domain-brokered Privacy, Lee et al., ACM CoNEXT’16
- Design, Analysis, and Implementation of ARPKI: an Attack-Resilient Public-Key Infrastructure, Basin et al., IEEE TDSC, 2016
- Communication Based on Per-Packet One-Time Addresses, Lee et al., IEEE ICNP’16
- SIBRA: Scalable Internet Bandwidth Reservation Architecture, Basescu et al., NDSS’16
- RITM: Revocation in the Middle, Szalachowski et al., IEEE ICDCS’16, Best Paper Award!
- PKI Safety Net (PKISN): Addressing the Too-Big-to-Be-Revoked Problem of the TLS Ecosystem, Szalachowski et al., IEEE EuroS&P’16
- Efficient Gossip Protocols for Verifying the Consistency of Certificate Logs, Chuat et al., IEEE CNS’15
- PoliCert: Secure and Flexible TLS Certificate Management, Szalachowski et al., ACM CCS’14
- ARPKI: Attack Resilient Public-key Infrastructure, Basin et al., ACM CCS’14